We develop smart Wi-Fi solutionsFree Wi-Fi. Encrypted connection. Because Information security has never been more important.
Atlas Data mission is to contribute to the diversity and quality of Romanian Wi-Fi services by developing flexible and high-performance solutions, based on latest generation wireless technology, which provide a high level of information security.
We believe that digital technology speeds up innovation, economic growth and progress, and Wi-Fi services are no exception. With the support of Wi-Fi technologies we can provide modern public services for the inhabitants and tourists of the city.
How we do it
We develop smart Wi-Fi solutions to insure a high level of information security for the Wi-Fi user, as well as diversity, by granting companies with new channels for online promotion and by providing free Wi-Fi for modern public services. Through .HOT-SPOT.RO SECURE encrypted connection, we provide the highest level of security of information currently possible via Wi-Fi. .HOT-SPOT.RO SECURE connection is accessed and encrypted based on a private digital certificate for each user.
How we started
Atlas Data is a research and development company performing in IT&C and Telecommunications (wireless) fields, specialized in developing hot-spot networks (public hot-spots, secure hot-spots, ads supported hot-spots). The company was established in 2010 by Ștefan Apăteanu to further develop the pending patent registered by European Patent Office for a system and method for displaying advertising content through a encrypted/unencrypted wireless network.
What we do
Hot-Spot.ro® is a Wi-Fi suite of solutions developed by our team based on cloud technologies, to offer wireless services which cover a wide range of requirements. Hot-Spot.ro Wi-Fi solutions are applicable both for commercial and public sector.
For business sector you can use Hot-Spot.ro for ospitality industry (coffeehouses, restaurants, bars, hotels), for retail verticals (shopping centers, retail banking), tourism industry and for much more. For public sector, municipalities can use Hot-Spot.ro for domains like education, public transport, public health, events and culture.
Authorizations, certifications and patents
- Atlas Data services are authorized by National Authority of Management and Regulation in Communications for Romania (ANCOM) for public wireless hot-spots services (Authorization no. 25767/2015).
- Atlas Data services are authorized by the National Supervisory Authority of Personal Data Processing – A.N.S.P.D.C.P. (Authorization no. 5410/2nd of July, 2007).
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate in recognition of Quality Management System in the field of research-development, implementation and maintenance of wired/wireless telecommunications.
- ISO 27001:2013 Certificate in recognition of the Security of Information Management System in the field of research-development, implementation and maintenance of wired/wireless telecommunications.
- Patent EP2086254/2007 registered by European Patent Office (EPO) for a system and method for attaching advertising content through a secure/unsecure wireless connection.
Hot-Spot.ro awards and project funding
HOT-SPOT.RO® Project designed by Atlas Data S.R.L. is 2013 COMPETITION WINNER of National Authority for Scientific Research (ANCS) Contest under the Ministry of Education.
Starting November 4, 2013, Atlas Data S.R.L. runs the project “HOT-SPOT.RO – public system of information and dissemination of information by users via secure Wi-Fi – V3”, within Sectoral Operational Programme “INCREASE OF ECONOMIC COMPETITIVENESS”, co-financed of European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) in concert with Government of Romania – Minister of Economy.