Terms and Conditions
In these General Conditions, the terms hereby will have the following meaning:
- Wi-Fi Hot-Spot.ro network: means all the Access Points, as defined below, irrespective of their geographical location.
- User: person connecting to the Wi-Fi Hot-Spot.ro network to have Internet access.
- Terminal: equipment (phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop etc), equipped with wireless network board that can be connected to the Wi-Fi network to access the Hot-Spot.ro Service.
- Access Point: wireless equipment that enables Internet access in a certain location on a variable configuration and/or emplacement area. It broadcasts radio signals according to the IEEE 802.11 a/b/h/n/ac standard on a waveband 2.4 GHz and/or 5GHz, and the User can connect through one of the following connections (SSIDs):
- .HOT-SPOT.RO – Unencrypted connection (Unsecure)
- .HOT-SPOT.RO SECURE – Encrypted connection (Secure)
- Unencrypted (unsecure) connection: If an unencrypted (unsecure) connection is used, the data transfer between the Terminal and the Access Point is uncoded. Unlike encrypted (secure) connections, encrypting data sent over this connection can be provided by any additional encryption protocols of the accessed sites (i.e. HTTPS), but not by the connection itself between the terminal and the access point.
- Encrypted (secure) connection: the data transferred between the terminal and the access point are encrypted using a unique Digital Certificate for each user. The Digital Certificate is generated by the User and has a clearly defined validity for the use of the Encrypted (Secure) Connections. The type of security used for the encrypted connection is: WPA2-Enterprise EAP-TLS.
- User Authorization: user identification process by associating the user with a single virtual identity (e-mail address or phone number). The confirmation of identity is based on a code sent by text message for phone numbers or by logging into third type OpenID services like Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Linkedin etc. Once authenticated, these services will provide the Hot-Spot.ro system with the user identity in the form of an e-mail or any other unique ID. The Hot-Spot.ro system stores this information for subsequent identification, but has no access to user authentication data to third services (services provided by other suppliers).
- Captive Portal: the webpage (https://auth.hot-spot.ro) where a New User or Unauthorized User will be redirected. This page is used to authorize the User and to redirect the User to the Landing page after the identity is confirmed.
- Landing Page: webpage where the user can be redirected after the authorization process. Depending on the access point configuration and area, it may differ or be absent. The Landing Page is set by Hot-Spot.ro according to partnerships signed to meet marketing objectives. If the Landing Page is missing, the user will be redirected to the page they wanted to access before being redirected to the Captive Portal.
- Hot-Spot.ro Location: limited area where Hot-Spot.ro offers free Internet access via own Wi-Fi networks, which accommodate one or more access points through which the hot-spot is accessed by users. The expansion of this area may differ depending on the parameters of the terminal used by the User, on the technical parameters of the access points used by Hot-Spot.ro and the location of such access point in the area.
- Hot-Spot.ro Service: electronic communication service for Internet access offered by Atlas Data SRL to a User through Wi-Fi technology. The access points provide Internet connection through a wireless local area network (WLAN) using a router connected to a link to an Internet service provider.
This free service provides a wireless network that can connect to the Internet. To connect to the Hot-Spot.ro Service, you must have a device with a wireless adapter. You can use the technology provided by this service free of charge, only within the scope defined below.
You must immediately notify the service operator (Hot-Spot.ro – Atlas Data SRL) about any unauthorized use of this free service or any security problem that you may encounter. You will be assigned with an IP address each time you connect to access points, and this IP may differ every time. No need to set another IP or MAC address to access the free service Hot-Spot.ro.
Use of the Hot-Spot.ro Service
These general conditions are applicable to the Service Hot-Spot.ro, but not to third-party services, accessed through the Hot-Spot.ro Service or the equipment used in the process.
Access by the User of Hot-Spot.ro represents the consent of the User regarding these Terms and General Conditions as concerns the use of the Hot-Spot.ro Service.
A User can connect to the Hot-Spot.ro Service through one of the two available connections. If the Terminal has never been connected to the .HOT-SPOT.RO SECURE Encrypted (Secure) Connection, then the User has to connect to the Unencrypted (Unsecured) Connection to obtain access data.
The User can connect, free of charge, to the .HOT-SPOT.RO Unencrypted (Unsecure) Connection through the Terminal without password or other authentication in order to connect wirelessly the Terminal to the Access Point. By its nature, this type of connection does not provide any type of security of data transmitted between the Terminal and the Access Point. After establishing a wireless connection between the Terminal and the Access Point, according to the Terminal and/or operating system installed on it, the User will be redirected to the Captive Portal when the first HTTP request to the Internet is made. This redirection limits the Internet access of the Terminal in order to guide the User to the Authorization process.
After the User is authorized in the Captive Portal, the User must decide on the type of connection that wants to use to access the Internet:
- The User clicks on a button to be redirected to Landing Page and will stay connected through the .HOT-SPOT.RO Unencrypted (Unsecure) Connection. The redirection to the Captive Portal of the User’s traffic will be limited to 24 hours after which the User must resume the Authorization process;
- The User clicks on a button to generate and/or download a personal Digital Certificate with an initial validity of 2 years and will use it to connect to the .HOT-SPOT.RO SECURE Encrypted (Secure) Connection. Following the fist connection to the Encrypted (Secure) Connection, the User will automatically connect to the Internet using their Terminal.
To generate a personal digital certificate, the User must fill in a form with personal identification data and password to further protect the digital certificate against use by unauthorized persons. The digital certificate password cannot be changed or reset; if the User loses this password, the certificate must be deleted and regenerated. A digital certificate can be used for multiple Terminals and according to their nature, the format in which it is downloaded may differ. Each certificate is tailored to the User’s Terminal to improve the process of establishing the Encrypted (Secure) Connection. The steps, which the User has to follow to establish the .HOT-SECURE SPOT.RO Encrypted (Secure) Connection, are detailed on the site (https://www.hot-spot.ro) and vary depending on the type of terminal and/or operating system. If the steps related to the terminal’s operating system are not on the site or the Hot-Spot.ro Service cannot detect or improve the certificate format, then it will be downloaded in .p12 format and the steps to install and set the Encrypted (Secure) Connection must be identified by the User. The type of security required to connect is WPA2-Enterprise EAP-TLS.
After deleting a certificate, all Terminals using that certificate will not be able to connect to the Encrypted (Secure) Connection until a new certificate is reinstalled. The Encrypted (Secure) Connection has a limited period of validity of the installed certificate. This is initially valid for 2 years, but may be interrupted at any time by deleting the certificate or the Hot-Spot.ro Atlas Data SRL operator.
The digital certificate can be downloaded from the Captive Portal through the .HOT-SPOT.RO Unencrypted (Unsecure) Connection or through any internet connection directly from https://auth.hot-spot.ro . The security of the certificate’s transfer between the Hot-Spot.ro Service servers and the Terminal is ensured by using the HTTPS protocol and is independent of the type of Internet connection.
Simultaneously with the digital certificate’s installation on the User’s Terminal, an additional certificate will be installed, representing the certifying authority of the Hot-Spot.ro Service and to the Atlas Data SRL operator. This authority is required to validate the personal digital certificate and to ensure the encryption of the Secure (Encrypted) Connection as per the WPA2-Enterprise EAP-TLS security protocol. Depending on the Terminal and/or its operating system, the User can receive notifications/ warnings about this newly installed certification authority, previously unrecognized by the Terminal. The User will agree with the presence of this certification authority on their Terminal and will consider/mark such authority as “TRUSTED”. Atlas Data SRL will not use this certification authority unannounced and for other purpose than to encrypt the Encrypted (Secure) Connection of the Hot-Spot.ro Service.
Irrespective of the type of connection, the webpages accessed through the Hot-Spot.ro Service through the HTTP protocol can be changed by the Hot-Spot.ro operator, respectively Atlas Data SRL, by blocking certain information considered advertising and normally delivered on such webpage. Advertisements are automatically blocked by a type of software directly integrated in the WiFi network, called ad-blocker. The Ad-blocker uses certain algorithms to detect additional content currently displayed on the page and blocks it to facilitate the User’s internet surfing. Hot-Spot.ro does not guarantee that the Ad-blocker will be operable at any time. Hot-Spot.ro does not guarantee that the Software will be compatible with the User’s hardware or other software installed on the User’s terminal. Compatibility issues can trigger low yield of the software and may result in blocking certain pages even without advertisements. If the Software is not compatible with your hardware or other software installed on your terminal, please contact us at e-mail: email@example.com.
Display of advertisements: it can use key-words from the webpage visited by the User and/or the location of the Access Point. The content will be displayed on the bottom of the page and will be marked by a frame and the phrase: “Ads by Hot-Spot.ro”.
You agree that service with encrypted or unencrypted connection using wireless technology should not be considered as a security solution and that by their nature, wireless communications can be intercepted. Although the hot-spot holder and operator (/Hot-Spot.ro) make significant efforts to ensure a secure service, we cannot guarantee 100% effective security measures. We cannot be held responsible by the user(s) or third parties for any security breach that may result from the use of the service.
You agree that you are responsible for taking appropriate security measures to use the service with encrypted or unencrypted connections. For example, you take all responsibility for taking measures to protect data. Also, in addition to the technology provided by hot-spot.ro, you must provide all equipment, technology and software required by the use of the service with encrypted or unencrypted connection.
The User is solely responsible for their actions and inactions which result in violating any rules and conditions relating to the use of the Hot-Spot.ro Service, the purpose of its use or content transmitted, stored, displayed or which is, in any way, subject to an operation carried out with the support or through the Service, including by any person authorized by the User or holding the Certified Terminal offered by the User.
The User had the following obligations:
- To exclusively use equipment homologated according to the legislation in force to access the Hot-Spot.ro Service;
- To use the Hot-Spot.ro Service according to the legislation in force;
- To not use the Hot-Spot.ro Service for purposes against the interests of the State or public order;
- To not use equipment, accessories or additional parts that may interfere with the Hot-Spot.ro Service;
- To not use the Wi-Fi Hot-Spot.ro Service for Frauds;
- To not use the Wi-Fi Hot-Spot.ro Service to send or display illegal materials;
- To take all precautions to avoid abusive or malicious use of the Hot-Spot.ro Service;
- To not breach or attempt to breach the security of the network and of the Hot-Spot.ro Service, including without limitation: (a) to access data not meant for the User or to access a server or account without permission; (b) to attempt to scan or test the vulnerability or a system or network or to breach their security or the authentication measures without proper authorization: (c) to attempt to interfere, interrupt or render useless the Hot-Spot.ro Service for another user, host or network, including without limitation „flooding”, „mail bombing” or „spaming”, meaning to send large volumes of emails or other information to an individual email or to another user of the Hot-Spot.ro Service: (d) to counterfeit any TCP/IP header or other piece of information thereon once sent by email or to initiate any actions to obtain services to which the User is not entitled;
- To refrain from any action and to avoid any inaction that may affect the image, reputation, trademarks or other rights of Hot-Spot.ro.
The User undertakes to not use the Hot-Spot.ro Service to send messages without the previous consent of the addressees and which concern a direct or indirect promotion of products, services and/or image of any person that carries out a production, commercial, religious, charity or political activity (hereinafter referred to as “Spam”). The User is the only one responsible for sending such messages or making such calls.
The User undertakes to not use the Service in way that would adversely affect the lawful interest of Hot-Spot.ro or of a third party through the following actions:
- To send harassing or disturbing messages to other Users given their slanderous content through which the User deprecates or discloses personal information about third parties;
- To send electronic messages with information counterfeit in the TCP/IP packet header;
- To send malicious electronic messages, including without limitation mail bombing;
- To send electronic messages that infringe the use conditions of another Internet provider;
- To send or display messages that contain viruses and/or Trojan horses, illegal messages; to sent or display indecent, obscene or pornographic messages, breaking the legal provisions in force;
- To send or display messages from a ghost or inexistent email or under false identity;
- To send or display messages meant to or used to harass other people;
- To send or display messages, texts, images, data, information, drawings, sounds, music, videos infringing copyrights or messages with information for which the User does not have the legal right to send or broadcast under any conditions, according to the Romanian or foreign legislation in force etc.
The User is responsible for the protection of their software.
Should legal action be taken against ATLAS DATA S.R.L. by a third party related to the infringement by the User of the obligations stipulated hereby, the User undertakes to compensate the damage incurred by Hot-Spot.ro.
You may not use the encrypted or unencrypted connection service for other purposes, inclusively to sell any item related to the encrypted or unencrypted connection service.
Moreover, to keep this service free for users, the hot-spot operator (Hot-Spot.ro) will display advertisements during sessions as follows:
- A framework of variable width, usually on the bottom of the page, marked as belonging to Hot-Spot.ro by the phrase “Ads by Hot-Spot.ro” and separated from the visited page. The framework will display various content that might be advertising. This section will be considered separate from the webpage displayed at that moment.
- Moreover, the technique used to display such advertising changes how the user of the free service sees the page through “DOM manipulation / modification” methods and must be considered as layer over each page.
To deactivate online advertising, Hot-Spot.ro provides the Users with service packages to deactivate advertising for a limited period.
Following the purchase of one of the above packages, the User will enjoy Internet browsing without the advertising mentioned above.
Change of the Use Terms and Conditions and the Termination of Service
We may change or terminate the service with encrypted or unencrypted connection and the Terms and Conditions of use or any other ancillary provisions, for any reason, without prior notice, including the right to stop without notice, without accountability to the user or any other third party.
Please check the Terms and Conditions of Use regularly to keep up to date with any changes in content. The content of these terms and conditions is permanent on hot-spot.ro website.
We reserve the right to discontinue providing the service with encrypted or unencrypted connection for any reason without prior notice. At the time of occurrence of such situations, any rights or any rights granted to the user by the hot-spot holder or hot-spot operator (hot-spot.ro) will cease.
Warranties and Disclaimer
The hot-spot holder and the hot-spot operator (Hot-Spot.ro) do not control and are not responsible for data, content, products or services that you access or download via the encrypted or unencrypted connection service if it is not expressly stated otherwise. We may, but are not required to block the transmission of data to protect the holder, hot-spot.ro or the public.
The hot-spot holder and hot-spot operator (Hot-Spot.ro) deny any responsibility or security for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, validity, timeliness or availability of information or materials displayed on or available through the encrypted or unencrypted connection service.
Hot-Spot.ro does not have to identify inserts of malicious code on the users’ devices and is not responsible for any malicious access points using the same SSIDs as Hot-Spot.ro. Locations where Hot-Spot.ro broadcasts can be verified live on www.hot-spot.ro.
We waive any responsibility for the deletion, failed storing, wrong delivery or late delivery of any type of information or material. We wave any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the Internet via encrypted or unencrypted connection service.
THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS THEY ARE” WITHOUT ANY OTHER GUARANTEES. THE HOLDER, OPERATOR (HOT-SPOT.RO), THEIR PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY AND FULLY WAIVE, ACCORDING TO THE LEGISLATION IN FORCE, ANY STATUTORY GUARANTEES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COMMERCIAL GUARANTEES, PURPOSE COMPLIANCE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT. THE HOLDER, OPERATOR (HOT-SPOT.RO), THEIR PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE. THE HOLDER, OPERATOR (HOT-SPOT.RO), THEIR PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS WAIVE ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE GOODS AND SERVICES RECEIVED OR TRADED BY THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE OR THROUGH THE LINKS DISPLAYED VIA THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE AND FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH THE LINKS PROVIDED BY THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE.
YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT (A) THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE CAN BE INTERRUPTED AND CAN HAVE ERRORS; (B) THERE IS NO GUARANTEE IN THE CHARGE OF THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE REGARDING A MINIMUM DATA TRANSFER SPEED; (C) THE HOLDER AND OPERATOR (HOT-SPOT.RO) DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER NETWORKS OR WEBSITES OF THIRD PARTIES THAT YOU MAY ACCESS WHILE USING THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE; (D) DOWNLOADING OR GETTING MATERIALS OR DATA USING THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE IS DONE AT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER, WHO IS THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR DATA LOSS INCURRED BY THE USED COMPUTER AND (E) THE ADVERTISING DISPLAYED AND MARKED, AS MENTIONED ABOVE, BY THE HOT-SPOT OPERATOR (HOT-SPOT.RO) IS AN INDEPENDENT LAYER OVER THE WEBSITE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES THE HOLDER, THE OPERATOR (HOT-SPOT.RO), THEIR PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU, TO A THIRD PARTY REPRESENTING YOU OR A THIRD PARTY WHATSOEVER FOR THE ABUSIVE OR WRONGFUL USE, SUPPORTED BY THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE, WHICH MIGHT GIVE RISE TO ANY COMPLAINT REGARDING THIS DOCUMENT OR THE SUBJECT IN QUESTION. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS APPLIED TO PREVENT THE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, FURTHER OR SPECIAL RECOVERY, AS EXAMPLE, AND FOR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; IF SUCH COMPLAINT WAS BASED ON THE WARRANTIES, CONTRACTING, THE DAMAGE (INCLUDING TORT) OR OTHERWISE (EVEN IF THE HOLDER, OPERATOR (HOT-SPOT.RO), THEIR PROVIDERS AND LICENSOR WOULD HAVE BEEN WARNED ABOUT THE OCCURRENCE OF SUCH CAUSES). MOREOVER, SUCH LIMITATION WILL BE APPLIED AS REGARDS THE DAMAGE CAUSED BY ACCESSING ANY LINKS THROUGH THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE AND TO ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH THE ADVERTISING DISPLAYED THROUGH THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE OR RECEIVED THROUGH LINKS SUPPORTED BY THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE. THIS LIMITATION WILL ALSO BE APPLIED, IN EXTENSO, TO THE COSTS MADE TO PURCHASE GOODS AND SERVICES, LOSS OF PROFIT OR LOSS OF DATA. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY, IN ADDITION, TO THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE, TO ANY INFORMATION OR PRODUCT THAT MIGHT OCCUR OR THAT IS CONNECTED, IN ANY WAY, TO THE ENCRYPTED OR UNENCRYPTED CONNECTION SERVICE. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ATTEMPT TO REMEDY A SITUATION RESULTS INTO THE FAILURE OF THE MAIN PURPOSE.
You agree to not bring harm and observe the immunity of the owner, operator (Hot-Spot.ro), their suppliers and licensors against any claims by third parties exerted on using the encrypted or unencrypted connection service by you or other users, including any liability or expense which would arise from various claims, losses, damages (actual or future), lawsuits, trials, litigation costs and attorneys’ costs of any kind.
To maintain the encrypted or unencrypted connection service on long term, the Hot-Spot.ro operator can proceed to the following:
- To set limits for connections, such as the limitation or quality of such connections;
- To deactivate accounts for any reasons claimed by Atlas Data S.R.L. The deactivation can occur for reasons including without limitation users who do not comply with the regulations or to remove double accounts;
- To block emails through SMTP connections or through the use of various ports;
- To contact users, using their registration emails or phone numbers, for subjects closely related to the hot-spot.ro activities or operations.
Personal data protection policy
This confidentiality policy applies to the users of the service provided by the hot-spot.ro operator and explains how the operator uses and protects personal information.
It covers all services provided by Atlas Data SRL
This confidentiality policy does not apply to third parties, websites that display links to our site or advertise on our site. These third party sites operate their own confidentiality policy, which should be read.
Data supplied during the use of the service can be used by Atlas Data S.R.L. and are processed for the purposes listed below.
Personal data provided by the User is the information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Data supplied during the use of the service can be used by Atlas Data S.R.L. and are processed to promote and enhance its products and services. Moreover, ATLAS DATA S.R.L. reserves the right to use the data collected to create advertising messages targeted at users, newsletters sent to users, and advertising of the kind shown hereby or any other forms of advertising that will be considered proper by ATLAS DATA S.R.L. both for the ATLAS DATA S.R.L. products and the products of third parties with whom ATLAS DATA S.R.L. will agree in this respect.
Hot-Spot.ro can use the User’s log history to make statistics and reports about the Users’ preferences. Such statics do not have a personal nature and are aimed to improve browsing experience and User-oriented advertising.
Depending on the connection of Users to the encrypted or unencrypted connection service, ATLAS DATA S.R.L. will collect certain personal data of Users. Continued use of the service means acceptance of the User to have their data collected under the provisions of this document. The following data of the User can be connected: name, phone number, country of origin, date of birth, pseudonym used in certain applications for Terminals, gender, and region of origin and the profile picture. This list is exhaustive, the data collected can vary depending on the authentication method used by the User, ATLAS DATA S.R.L. cannot collect other data than those referred to in this paragraph. Hot-Spot.ro reserves the right to publish the data that are needed to meet the arrangements for publicity specified in the present document and may publish anonymous (non-nominal) information on various agreed web pages. Also, Hot-Spot.ro will provide the relevant bodies with the personal data collected from Users when this is required by law or established by a final court decision.
The User’s personal data are processed according to the legal provisions in force. Moreover, the User enjoys the provisions of art 12-15 of Law no. 677/2001 on the personal data protection and free circulation of such data. Thus, the User has the right to be informed, the right to access their data, the right to change such data and the right to oppose, all such rights are to be exercised under a written application, signed and dated, sent electronically at the email provided on the contact page of hot-spot.ro.
Warning! The personal certificate for the encrypted connection will also be revoked when personal data are deleted.
If the user is a minor under the age of 18 years old, except for those who acquired early exercise capacity, this service may be used only with the consent of their guardian. Given that data from minors are not voluntarily collected if their guardians inform Hot-Spot.ro about their refusal to collect such data, Hot-Spot.ro will delete such data immediately after being informed in this respect.
The intention of the guardian to refuse the collection of the minor’s data is communicated to the people in charge from Hot-Spot.ro and can be notified by fax, at 0358-81.88.38, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not over 18, use this Internet service only with your guardian’s consent. The protection of children’s personal data is of particular concern to us. Therefore, we do not voluntarily collect data from minors if their guardians have not agreed. If we find that minors have introduced personal data without proper authorization or personal data about such people are given, we delete such data.